Dear Scholars, Staff and Parents:
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! Our commitment at Community Charter School of Paterson is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging learning environment that will empower students to become critical thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, respect, integrity, and success are the foundation of our school. It is with great pride that we hold high standards for our scholars and ask each of our scholars to commit to obtaining high levels of achievement. It is the contribution of our scholars to our school community that makes Community Charter School of Paterson a striving learning community.
Below are a few of our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for productive risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural medium through comprehension, interpretation, and evaluation;
- Employ productive and creative thinking skills to solve problems; and
- Ask questions, explore possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices; and
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner
In conclusion, I am looking forward to the remainder of a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am honored to serve as your principal.