Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Charlotte Marler-Hausen
Dear CCSP Families,
Welcome to the CCSP Elementary School! It is an honor and privilege to serve the Paterson community as the principal of 75 Spruce Street. I am excited to have the opportunity to lead a school with such amazing students, a dedicated staff, and a supportive school community.
My teaching career began in 2005 in England where I spent 3 years as a first-grade teacher. With an exciting opportunity to live in America, I became a Kindergarten teacher in a charter school in Newark, NJ where I stayed for 9 years. During this time, I served as a first-grade teacher, Reading Specialist, and Instructional Coach. I was honored to join CCSP in 2018 as the Elementary Assistant Principal. I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Education from Liverpool Hope University, England, a Master’s Degree in Reading from Montclair State University, and a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership and Administration from Georgian Court University. In my spare time, I enjoy arts and crafts, spending time in the outdoors hiking, and traveling.
I believe that every child can succeed and the cooperation between school and home builds trust and self-esteem. Research shows that the most important variable in a child's success in school is the parents’ involvement in their child's education. The following are some ways to be involved in your child's education:
- Talk with your child everyday about specifics of what is going on at school.
- Check homework/classwork after it is complete.
- Be available to assist with homework/classwork as necessary.
- Set high standards for the work that is performed.
- Guide the development of good study skills.
- Stay in touch with the classroom teacher by Dojo, email, or phone.
- Communicate high expectations to your child.
- Communicate your confidence and pride to your child every day.
- Proudly display and share your child's work and progress with friends and relatives.
- Attend and participate in school activities as much as possible
- Attend parent conferences online.
- Keep in close contact with the teacher and communicate, communicate, communicate!
- Let us know how we can best meet the needs of your child.
My door is always open to everyone and I always welcome your feedback. I look forward to working with you and your child this school year.